Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Newell4me

RVF Newbee
When purchasing a new Newell, is the price just the price? Or does a company like Newell offer any discounts / deals? The wait time is years so I'm guessing no?

When purchasing a new Newell, is the price just the price? Or does a company like Newell offer any discounts / deals? The wait time is years so I'm guessing no?
Good questions. I guess everything is a matter of supply and demand. But when you build quality, you can pretty much set your price, and you know someone is going to buy it.

I would treat them like any other RV builder and offer them around 71% of MSRP and see where you end up. You can always take your money elsewhere, and the used market is getting better all the time. Granted their product is unique but so is their price.

Coming from intimate and up-to-date knowledge of what the current condition of Newell pricing is, I will tell you that this is not the place where you will glean much info about pricing and/or negotiating. Newell is not a production coach, in which you can just take a price you heard on the forums, and call to negotiate that price.

Instead, you need to call Josh, Brian, or Phil and discuss this matter at (888) 3NEWELL.

The reason for that is these are custom coaches. Out of the gate, they will simply quote what the usual MSRP is as the starting point. Other factors, for a $2.4M custom designed coach ALWAYS come into play.

And, just as you can understand...for a custom Newell, where the waitlist is 2 years long, there's no need for so-called "discounts" or "deals".

I would treat them like any other RV builder and offer them around 71% of MSRP and see where you end up. You can always take your money elsewhere, and the used market is getting better all the time. Granted their product is unique but so is their price.
Rich,

With all due respect, your “any other RV builder” strategy couldn’t be farther off the mark. Newell, and their design/build process is anything but common. And, Newells…new or used…are in higher demand than any other time.

But, you are correct, you can take your 71% offer elsewhere, because I can 100% guarantee you that’s what will happen.

Hard facts to deal with, but that’s reality right now.

Rich,

But, you are correct, you can take your 71% offer elsewhere, because I can 100% guarantee you that’s what will happen.

Nice delivery, smooth execution and prominent close. Makes me just want to run out and get one.

Rich,

With all due respect, your “any other RV builder” strategy couldn’t be farther off the mark. Newell, and their design/build process is anything but common. And, Newells…new or used…are in higher demand than any other time.

I didn’t say that would get you one, I said I would start there and see what happens. Granted they are a custom builder, but they mark up time and materials just like everyone else. So there aren’t any “hard facts to deal with”, just different approaches. Gotta start somewhere, and I for one am not in awe enough to just fork over asking price without employing some negotiation skills. If that means I never drive a Newell I can live with that.

Nice delivery, smooth execution and prominent close. Makes me just want to run out and get one.
LOL. So I’ve got a chance in sales?

I hope that the text/grammar didn’t make my reply sound off-beat. I was using it as a quote from Rich sayin “you can take your money elsewhere”…not like a command; like take this job and… 🤪

Maybe I’m making this worse?

I didn’t say that would get you one, I said I would start there and see what happens. Granted they are a custom builder, but they mark up time and materials just like everyone else. So there aren’t any “hard facts to deal with”, just different approaches. Gotta start somewhere, and I for one am not in awe enough to just fork over asking price without employing some negotiation skills. If that means I never drive a Newell I can live with that.
Yup. I get it.

I was just attempting to realign what would be a starting point versus a “yeah, right” offer that’s not taken seriously.

Has nothing to do with elitism. Newells are being made a the blistering pace of 30/year and people waiting to pay $2.4M. They don’t have to negotiate. So, to even start at a $750,000 discount is far from reality.

Please don’t shoot the messenger, guys; I’m just reporting the current news. But hey…knock yourself out of you wanna try.

BTW, if anyone isn’t quite in awe, I’d encourage you to go to Miami, and take their factory tour! 😍

1664385463960.gif

Latest resources

Back