Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

RTinAZ

RVF Regular
Our plans were to visit N.O. on Sat 9-25 & 26. Have made reservations at a RV campground near downtown, Pelican Bay RV Park. Wondering if we should change our trip as cleanup, power, fuel, all are a issue.
Hopefully most everything will be restored.
RTinAZ

Haven't been following the recovery that close in the past couple of days, but I doubt most places will have power through September for much of N.O. Also, after major hurricanes and tornadoes hit an area and they start cleaning up there are still a ton of tiny debris on most surface roads, including nails. I wouldn't take my RV within 100 miles of that area personally.

I agree with @FL-JOE. It’s also a bit insensitive to go driving your big, shiny, expensive RV through a place that just go hit hard and is in the eagerly stages of recovery. Give it 6 months then come back and spend at local mom n pop spots as much as possible.

just watched the news. The line ups are 8 hrs long for fuel and fights are breaking out. I would stay out of Louisiana for few months.

Plain and simple, don't go! If and that's a big if any of the RV parks are open, they will be full of workers and residents.

Please don’t even consider going to Louisiana until next year. You will just complicate an already difficult situation. Thousands are without homes at this point, power and water systems are down and will take weeks, if not months, to restore. The last thing they need right now are visitors.

Major disasters like Ida take months, if not years, to recover from. Right now, it is a major effort just to house and feed those who have lost their homes. Thousands of recovery workers will be in the area for months helping restore the infrastructure and supplies of just about everything will be very limited.

Now is not the time to visit any area affected by Hurricane Ida.

TJ

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back