Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

rbanasiewi

RVF Newbee
We have 2023 vision xl. It has been winterized. Can we leave it plugged in all the time while sitting through winter? Also: can it be started while plugged in? Thanks

If by plugged in you mean to shore power, then yes it will keep your batteries charged, and yes you can start it as long as you have ventilation while its running. (I know, kind of a duh...., but if not mentioned now someone will chime in later!)

If by plugged in you mean to shore power, then yes it will keep your batteries charged, and yes you can start it as long as you have ventilation while its running. (I know, kind of a duh...., but if not mentioned now someone will chime in later!)
Thanks. It is outside but I understand your caution. I read that batteries could be “overcharged “ but assumed not with a newer motorhome.

I don't trust chargers and plugging in is not an option for us in the winter. We store inside but not heated. What we do is take the negative cable off the starter battery. We also turn off the main breaker and hit the coach switch. About halfway through the winter, we go to the building, put the cable on and run it for a bit.
Let me know if we can help with anything.
Ken

Latest resources

Back