Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

jfarrell27

RVF Newbee
Looking for suggestions or ideas for new RV campground. Bit of a long story but probably necessary to get the idea behind our ideas.
First the backstory for context. I’ve been in the RV industry in south Florida since the mid 90’s. I started as a shop helper and worked my way up over the years. Fast forward to today and my wife and I in past 3 years bought the dealership I’ve worked at so many years. Its a small mom and pop shop and we’ve added rentals in last year as well.
We recently purchased a getaway/retirement home in Northwest NC( Whittier NC). In our area there are several small rv parks, which seem to have mix of permanent resident and vacation campers. Nothing fancy just a concrete pad with some common spaces. A lot of locals seem to live in rv’s due to skyrocketing local real estate and vrbo’s.
We’re kicking around the idea of purchasing 15-20 acres or so and making a destination rv resort type park with more limited spaces and some permanents for the locals. We want to help the locals who can’t afford to live in the area due to it being a vacation hot spot. We’re beginning to look at properties that have a small home which a resident employee could live in and small out buildings where we’d also offer repair services for campers and anyone else needing service passing through or local (currently we specialize in insurance crash work, roofs, slides all the big jobs no one wants to tackle)
Some of the things we’ve thought about offering if possible:
Full hookup sites with enough space with more woods between sites so u don’t necessarily see your neighbor
Pool/hot tub kids playground
Central bath house with laundry
Maybe couple cabins
Stocked catch and release lake
Golf cart/sxs street legal cart rentals also thought of doing closed course for sxs )
Close proximity to Bryson City Cherokee and Gatlinburg
Full rv parts store
Full rv service center( only one small rv service center in the area aside from big dealers which are hour away at best.)
Rv rentals/storage

We’re in beginnings of looking for property researching to see if what we’re thinking of doing is doable/ viable. Would you consider a park like this in the NC mountains with easy access to the big tourist towns. What would you like to see in a rv resort type park for amenities or services. All your input is appreciated. Thanks.

There are a few threads on this site on Deer Springs RV Park, look them up, they would be a good read for you and probably answer a lot of questions. Good luck with your project!

Latest resources

Back