Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

phthomp1

RVF Newbee
My wife and I are new to RVing and mostly retired...wife still works part time.

We have had a 2015 Jayco Eagle HT 26.5 RKS. We have had it for almost a year and have had mostly self induced issues; stepped on the skylight, and clogged the black tank (2X)(I think I have learned my lesson now). One issues not caused by us..the couch fake leather is peeling off and not repairable at this time.

We are enjoying camper life though and look forward to more travel.

Welcome aboard. The skylight mishap, yep, could see that happening. As to clogging the tank…..usually most always user error. The faux leather, yep, no matter what care, will eventually do this.

Welcome to the group. Lots of good information and folks here.

As to the couch cover flaking off, yep, they about all do that. The solution.......replace it. We found a replacement to be much less expensive than having it reupholstered.

We replaced our chairs and sofa with products obtained from RECPRO.COM. We found them to be of good quality at reasonable prices and designed for RV usage and size.

My wife and I are new to RVing and mostly retired...wife still works part time.

We have had a 2015 Jayco Eagle HT 26.5 RKS. We have had it for almost a year and have had mostly self induced issues; stepped on the skylight, and clogged the black tank (2X)(I think I have learned my lesson now). One issues not caused by us..the couch fake leather is peeling off and not repairable at this time.

We are enjoying camper life though and look forward to more travel.
Welcome to this great adventure, phthomp1, and I am impressed how you've got the wife still working to support your retirement!!! You're my hero. As for the self-induced issues, when I have a problem, that's the first question I ask - "Okay, what did I do wrong this time!"

Travel safe, Ed

As to clogging the black tank issue, our rule is "if it hasn't been eaten and swallowed first, it doesn't go in the black tank".

A common issue relates to campgrounds with sewer service at the sites. Don't leave the black or gray tank valves open. Dump tanks every other day or as needed. Keeping the valves open allows the liquid to drain off and leave the solids behind.

Latest resources

Back