Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

dr5chrome

RVF Newbee
Hello all. Made some posts prior to this intro post..

We are new to the RV life thing. We have not yet set out on the road as yet, but we have the RV ! ..a JAYCO 24b.

1st we have to sell our building, then we will be on the road looking for a new place to settle.

I have a question for this group of RVers -
Both Barb & I are photographers. Along with the regular travel photo-thing, I had another idea and may want to publish a book about it.

A little history: Back in my 20s 30s and 40s I was an editorial/fashion/portrait photographer in NYC. I stopped doing this for a living about 20yrs ago, though my main focus in photography today is still shooting people.

Here's the Q for everyone - How would you feel if you were at an RV park and someone offered you and your RV companions a free portrait?
I would like to do this at every park we stop at, then when we settle, put all the photos together and publish a photo book about the people of the RV life.

...good idea?

Best regards, Dave and Barb

@dr5chrome Welcome to the forum, looking forward to hearing about your adventures and helping or being helped through some of the issues that seem to present themselves as part of RVing.

Regarding your free portrait question. It would not be of interest to me. I'm one of those folks that if I'm in the market for something I initiate the search. I'm immediately turned off by anyone that approaches me offering what ever.

My other thought is you may run into some opposition from the park owners & managers if you are soliciting / marketing within various parks & campgrounds.

Welcome @dr5chrome to the group. There are possibilities other than people, how about the parks you visit. Publish info of parks with pictures of the area to visit?

I'm not sure a book with just photos of RVers would generate much interest. Seems to me that is would need something more; maybe brief capsules of the subjects' thoughts, experiences, etc. as well. That would require interviews and the recording of their information.

While it might be of interest to some, I don't think we would be that interested in participating. Just our $.02 worth.

TJ

Latest resources

Back