• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Akjordan90

RVF Newbee
Fulltimer
No
Hi everyone! We are a young family of four hoping to start camping regularly during the summer with my parents. We have a Pilot that is able to tow a maximum of 5000 pounds, so we know we will need to be well under that. We won’t be traveling far to camp!

I grew up with a pop up but am hoping for something a bit sturdier. We have considered hybrids (pop out beds) or extra light bunkhouses like the Coleman Lantern. Anywhere I look, reviews on everything are extremely mixed or very negative.

Advice?? Thank you!!

Hi everyone! We are a young family of four hoping to start camping regularly during the summer with my parents. We have a Pilot that is able to tow a maximum of 5000 pounds, so we know we will need to be well under that. We won’t be traveling far to camp!

I grew up with a pop up but am hoping for something a bit sturdier. We have considered hybrids (pop out beds) or extra light bunkhouses like the Coleman Lantern. Anywhere I look, reviews on everything are extremely mixed or very negative.

Advice?? Thank you!!
Look at the TAB trailers by NuCamp. We had a 320 Boondock and build quality was very good. Fully self contained and has AC. The TAB 400 is bigger and has a dry weight of 2849lb. With the teardrop design the aerodynamic load is less then a square boxy trailer. They have a accessory rail that runs along the entire side of the trailer for an optional fully enclosed screened area that attaches to the rail. Doubles your indoor space. Kinda like a screened in patio.

1700606923232.png

Welcome to the group! Take your time shopping. There is a lot to consider when towing. Tow capacity is a start, stability while towing and stopping are a big part. Happy shopping !

Last edited:
We have had 3 MH and the first one hook us. we were very young money was tight , lots of opportunity out there take your time looking for the right fit

Latest resources

Back