• Commercial/Vendors welcome

New to this forum, new buyers

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
First off Welcome. We are a group of friendly and helpful RV’ers.

I would highly recommend you get out and test drive your choices if you are considering 32-35 feet and take it on the highway to experience the feel of the drive. I at one time owned a 32 Ft Tiffin and I did not enjoy driving that coach especially when It was windy or a truck passed me. There are aftermarket products that can help with a solid feel for the road and you will enjoy driving it. I went in a different direction from that coach. Feeling comfortable driving your motorhome should be high on your list for your final choices. There was nothing wrong with my Tiffin it just wasn’t for me and I bought it in another state sight unseen. A lesson learned.

First off Welcome. We are a group of friendly and helpful RV’ers.

I would highly recommend you get out and test drive your choices if you are considering 32-35 feet and take it on the highway to experience the feel of the drive. I at one time owned a 32 Ft Tiffin and I did not enjoy driving that coach especially when It was windy or a truck passed me. There are aftermarket products that can help with a solid feel for the road and you will enjoy driving it. I went in a different direction from that coach. Feeling comfortable driving your motorhome should be high on your list for your final choices. There was nothing wrong with my Tiffin it just wasn’t for me and I bought it in another state sight unseen. A lesson learned.
What did you end up going with, any recommendations. I’m also looking for a Bigger class c Or a Class A

@Gqgregg
I am researching my options right now. i have looked at several RV’s as the research is crucial for finding the right RV for you. My requirements include storage and being able to fit into storage when not traveling.

Order below is not indicative of which one I will choose.
  • Another Newmar in a 40 ft coach like a dutchstar or mountain Aire
  • A super C which I recently looked at and a interesting line of RV‘s.
  • a used older Prevost conversion like Liberty or Marathon
  • a class b sprinter van
each has their pro and cons. Spend the time looking test driving and if all possible borrowing the the term often heard “buy your last RV first“.

Well everyone since first posting, and after eight months of daily studying - we test drove a Jayco Greyhawk and wound up ordering a class C Jayco Greyhawk Prestige 2021 with expected delivery March 2021. Thank you everyone for your input because it helped us make our decision. I know this forum is a place I can come to receive helpful, friendly advice. Thank you all! ????????

Glad I found these posts. Looking forward to seeing how things go for Caroljv123.
My husband,Doberman, and myself plan to retire in a few years.
So we are preparing now for our retirement party Now.
The first thing on our “to do list“ is to hit the road for about 6 months and travel the USA in addition to the Canadian Rockies.
It appears a Sprinter Van would be to small For those being on the road for lengthy periods of time not to mention the expense of a sprinter van. Although they do look driver friendly.
The hubby feels 22 feet would be the max for his comfort zone to haul around the nation.
We reside in Florida so it appears we have plenty of places to shop in our area.
Noticing a lot of places to rent such things but , but....

Hi LadyDi! Just checked and we are still on track to receive our rig in March but possibly as late as April. This journey began last March believe it or not when we made the decision to actually buy one. So take your time to decide. Right now—it is of course still way early, I have no regrets. Still hearing great things about the Jayco Greyhawk in general (we ordered a Jayco Greyhawk Prestige 31P). I am just wildly impatient at this point. Dying to have it delivered so I can learn how to use it stem to stern and make certain all the kinks are fully worked out so we can make all the trips we have tentatively planned this summer. I watch YouTube channels about RV life. One great couple to watch is The RV Odd Couple. They are full time RVers but what I love about them is they tell you the good, the bad and the ugly too. They are really honest and informative. Today I just watched one about embarrassing things RVers will not tell you and frankly I have watched tons of videos and they are right, NO ONE mentioned these things! And for me anyway— these were “good to know”! REALLY good to know! So just equip yourself with knowledge before you pull the trigger. We went from thinking we’d buy a class B to a B+ to almost pulling a trigger on a class A and ended up buying a class C. Two reasons for that. I really wanted the sleeping capacity. The Jayco we ordered sleeps 10. Lots of room for the grandbabies while they still want to travel with us. When they don’t, good indoor storage. Secondly, I just felt less daunted about driving it. I know it was more psychological than anything as class A’s are a dream to drive—but I had to be able to drive the rig alone if I wanted to and just did not feel comfortable doing that in a class A at this juncture.
Anyway—that’s a bit more of our story. We will be weekenders. In a few years taking more extended trips when my husband retires. Looking forward to hear how your story goes! ?

Are you say’in WE are expected to drive these large vehicles.
That's why we have husbands! Ba ha ha ha !
Seriously I could learn and maybe help with some driving in between my naps.
Thanks for the tip on RV Odd Couple!
Will have to see if thats on our Spectrum cable network.

????? Oh I was NOT going to be totally reliant on the hubster. Especially since he isn’t retired from his civilian job yet! No way! I feel you though! ? I am even going to do the sewer duties! And trust me, I am NOT usually that kinda gal, but I want to be able to travel for my books/art even if I need to go without him so roll up my sleeves I must!! ?

????? Oh I was NOT going to be totally reliant on the hubster. Especially since he isn’t retired from his civilian job yet! No way! I feel you though! ? I am even going to do the sewer duties! And trust me, I am NOT usually that kinda gal, but I want to be able to travel for my books/art even if I need to go without him so roll up my sleeves I must!! ?
NO WAY!!!
Your gonna clean the brown tank or is it called the black tank??
Either way that tank is not a colorful job but you have grit!
FYI- this is just a gut feeling but.....
do not tell hubster about your tank aspirations or he will have many backaches when it comes to this job.

Dear one I am an Army wife-he retired after 32 years. You have NO IDEA the CRAP I’ve had to go through! Now I will admit, these days I am WAY out of practice to the “nasty” things in life thank God. However it was our deal when I talked him into getting this rig. I am way pampered these days but I will do my duty with the rig especially since I want to sometimes travel alone or with my my daughter-in-law/daughter/etc. But I’ll also have a good roadside plan. I’m not THAT gritty! ? Not any more!

Latest resources

Back