RV Year
RV Make
Coachmen
RV Model
Catalina Trail Blazer 26TH
RV Length
Fulltimer
No
I have been looking for the past several months for a new tow vehicle for my toy hauler. Trucks seem to be getting very hard to find at a price I could afford. When I did find one I liked and was affordable, by the time I asked about it, it was sold or dealer would not deal at all.

I cameacross this one Wednesday afternoon and was fortunate enough to pick it up yesterday. 2021 Chevy Silverado Custom 2500HD. Has more than enough payload for my trailer as there is abso;utely no chance of going larger at all.

Chevy Custom .1.jpg
Chevy Custom .2.jpg
Chevy Custom .1.jpg

That’s real purdy. Congrats!

How heavy is your toy hauler and what's the axle ratio of the truck? I only ask because I'm still looking for the right truck. The most annoying thing I've come across is almost every ad says it's a 3.73 axle ratio but then when you ask for the door tag it's a 3.55 or worse. If I ever actually go to a dealer I'll be the one opening the front door on every truck just to find the right axle.

How heavy is your toy hauler and what's the axle ratio of the truck? I only ask because I'm still looking for the right truck. The most annoying thing I've come across is almost every ad says it's a 3.73 axle ratio but then when you ask for the door tag it's a 3.55 or worse. If I ever actually go to a dealer I'll be the one opening the front door on every truck just to find the right axle.
The GVWR of the toy hauler is 7900 lbs. and the axle ratio is 373.I am going off of the chevy website and my window sticker. It seems that the new sticker every one is talking about is not on my truck. Also I do not believe that Chevy offers a 355, that is Ford.I am not certain.

My ford pulled and stopped the toy hauler great but I felt as if the truck was just too light to tow comfortably.

Yeah the 3.55 is the ford. I've been hunting f350s just because they're usually $15-20k cheaper. The door tag should be inside the driver side door. That's the way with ford. My toy hauler is 13,500ish gross. So I'm trying to over truck it. I know 3.55 will do but I hate pushing limits.

Yeah the 3.55 is the ford. I've been hunting f350s just because they're usually $15-20k cheaper. The door tag should be inside the driver side door. That's the way with ford. My toy hauler is 13,500ish gross. So I'm trying to over truck it. I know 3.55 will do but I hate pushing limits.
Are you looking at diesels or gas. I am somewhat surprised that ford is using a 355 in the 350. I believe that the diesel uses the 331and the gas usually has the 373/

Are you looking at diesels or gas. I am somewhat surprised that ford is using a 355 in the 350. I believe that the diesel uses the 331and the gas usually has the 373/
I'm only looking at diesel. I was shocked to find out just how weak a 350 could be ordered. A 3.31 isn't anything so if you don't know your axle ratio and accidentally buy one a person would be thoroughly disappointed. Unfortunately almost every ad I look at claims 3.73 but seldom is. It's been a headache because I'm forced to talk to a lot of salespeople. They don't always understand and never like to be told "no thanks".

IMG_20210115_155651460.jpg

I finally found my unicorn. 3.73 axle. Diesel. With a 14klb payload package.

Nice looking truck. Are you sure that 14,000 lb. payload is correct. Fods F550 only has a max payload of 12,730 lbs. If thatis correct you have one heck of a truck.

Latest resources

Back