Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Newbie KY gal looking for help with hot water!

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

DreamCapture2.0

RVF Regular
RV Year
RV Make
WINNEBAGO
RV Model
BRAVE 34D
RV Length
Chassis
FORD?
Engine
V10 TRITON
Fulltimer
Yes
Hey yall! Noob here. I'm handy though haha
So I've been having hot water troubles since I bought this thing. On city water connection, it works fine. From my tank/pump: nota. No water at all when turning on the hot.
I have replaced both the inlet water valve and the check valve at the bottom of the water heater. I have also cleaned out my hot water heater and replaced the thermostats plus the pressure valve on the hot water tank. I'm at a loss. help!

Is there a by-pass on the water pump possibly that is engaged to by-pass the hot water heater???

Sometimes the water heater will have a bypass around it for winterizing. Typically there are 3 valves. One each on the inlet and outlet to the WH and one in the bypass. Both the inlet and outlet valves should be open and the bypass closed.

Sometimes the water heater will have a bypass around it for winterizing. Typically there are 3 valves. One each on the inlet and outlet to the WH and one in the bypass. Both the inlet and outlet valves should be open and the bypass closed.
The reason I didn't talk bypass is she said the hot water works on shore pressure. Any other ideas? Maybe a scheme that discourages wasting water while dry camping.

The bypass valve is not engaged, no. So I think I have it figured out. I replaced the cold check valve not the hot, unfortunately. :/
Now I'm trying to figure out of I should take the whole water heater out to get to the hot water check valve- or try to work on it as is. It's very hard to get to. I'll post a pic.

Last edited:
Top is hot, bottom is cold. I replaced the one you can see. Instead of buying another one I'm going to attempt to put the one I took off the cold back together. Put it back on the cold. Put the new one on the hot. Not sure if I will need that adapter still. Probably not?

Attachments

• 329479291_860194835267761_6715237344502432700_n (1).jpg
    329479291_860194835267761_6715237344502432700_n (1).jpg
    274.2 KB · Views: 12
they are

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back