Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

SGT paul

RVF Newbee
Trying to get some solid advice to properly winterize the underneath perimeter of my pull behind 28’ KZ sportsman camper. I’ll be full time in a permanent full service spot rv campground. So I need to ensure I seal it well around the perimeter and to the ground so I can use my septic, toilet shower etc. it’s in southern Missouri but still gets hard frosts throughout the winter. Brand new RV’r here and don’t want frozen/bursted water pipes. Any good suggestions would be greatly appreciated. 😎👍🇺🇸

IF you're planning on keeping it
and
IF you plan on doing this every winter

I'd have a company come out and measure it and make a removable skirt. I think it's about 2-3 grand.

Trying to get some solid advice to properly winterize the underneath perimeter of my pull behind 28’ KZ sportsman camper. I’ll be full time in a permanent full service spot rv campground. So I need to ensure I seal it well around the perimeter and to the ground so I can use my septic, toilet shower etc. it’s in southern Missouri but still gets hard frosts throughout the winter. Brand new RV’r here and don’t want frozen/bursted water pipes. Any good suggestions would be greatly appreciated. 😎👍🇺🇸
I'm the webmaster for an RV Repair service in the Pacific NW and we have several customers that have DIY skirts like you describe. Most of them seem to agree on using trimmed to fit 4x8' sheets of foil covered 1/2"-3/4" foam board sealed with aluminum tape. It comes off easily in the spring and can be stored for re-use. I have heard this can attract moisture and trap it under your coach, causing mold, so its important to include a way to ventilate the void. Adding a small electric heater with a thermostat can help replace the heat lost by venting, and helps displace moisture too.

As for pipes, leave faucets dripping and keep the heat turned up.

Welcome to the RV life 🙂

Latest resources

Back