Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Jbh06751

RVF Regular
Hello from CT, bought a travel trailer and looking for a nice place to bring it on its maiden run. In researching parks I see some offer cable TV. Wondering if we need to buy a length of coaxial cable or does the park supply it? If we need to supply how long? Our connection is at the back of our 34' trailer.

Welcome to RVF, @Jbh06751; glad to have you join us. There are no "dumb questions" here; just ones that someone needs an answer for.

You will need to provide your own coaxial cable; I have never seen a park that supplies it. There will be a connection point on/near the power pedestal for the standard screw-on TV cable connection. Since the cable TV connection is usually somewhere around the mid-point of the campsite, you won't need a huge amount of cable to get to your trailer.

I carry a 25' and a 50' coil of RG-6 TV cable and the 25' one is usually all I need. Almost always, the 50' section is overkill, but has come in handy on a couple of occasions. And, I carry a "barrel" connector so that I can splice the two sections together if I ever need a really long run of coaxial cable.

TJ

Welcome to RVForums @Jbh06751. Hope you have a great time in your travel trailer.

Latest resources

Back