Topsy57

RVF Newbee
RV Year
RV Make
Thor
RV Model
Vegas 24.1
RV Length
Hi, just bought a Thor Vegas and love the thought of RVing. I'm a tad intimidated by all there is to learn, but practice makes perfect. Any ideas on how to learn all there is to know. I've read the manual and without a doubt will keep it in the motor home at all times jic !

@Topsy57 Howdy & welcome to RVF. You will find a great group of folks participating on this forum. We were all newbies once so can certainly understand the quest to learn all there is to know. There's a ton of experienced folks on this forum that are very willing to share their experience and insights. SO my suggestion re: "learning all there is to know" is ask away, and take some short trips to start with to get familiar with your rig. Looking forward to hearing about your adventures.

@Topsy57 Howdy & welcome to RVF. You will find a great group of folks participating on this forum. We were all newbies once so can certainly understand the quest to learn all there is to know. There's a ton of experienced folks on this forum that are very willing to share their experience and insights. SO my suggestion re: "learning all there is to know" is ask away, and take some short trips to start with to get familiar with your rig. Looking forward to hearing about your adventures.
Thank you very much for the warm welcome!

Welcome aboard @Topsy57 - all is going to be fine. Just use it, go on some local camping trips and you will learn. 3 years in and I'm still learning and often feeling stupid but that's just how I learn :) RVing is awesome, you will love it.

Welcome aboard @Topsy57 - all is going to be fine. Just use it, go on some local camping trips and you will learn. 3 years in and I'm still learning and often feeling stupid but that's just how I learn :) RVing is awesome, you will love it.
Thank you for the encouragement ?

Camp close to home. Even if it's in your driveway! We are lucky enough to have a nice Corps of Engineers campground just outside of town. We have spent our first weekend there in all 3 of our RV's when we first bought them. Truck camper, class C, and our current class A.

That park has hookups, but we would spend the first night "boondocking" without hooking up, then hooked up for the second night to make sure everything worked as it should. Luckily, on all worked just fine.

Hi, just bought a Thor Vegas and love the thought of RVing. I'm a tad intimidated by all there is to learn, but practice makes perfect. Any ideas on how to learn all there is to know. I've read the manual and without a doubt will keep it in the motor home at all times jic !
Welcome! I'm new too. Look up youtube videos on your type of RV or similar. There's bound to be some showing how to work everything. There are tons of RV channels to educate you on everything from emptying tanks to solar , etc.

Welcome!

Welcome aboard!
Enjoy this great group, & enjoy your new RV!
Am still relatively new too, but with help, seemingly learn something new everyday!
Good Luck!

Latest resources

Back