Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

gipsonrules

RVF Newbee
Hello, everyone my name is Gary and my wife Liz.We are loving the rv life style, we own a 2019 newmar vantana, and wondering if anyone has experienced the same problem as us. We are having for lack of a better description a death wobble and speed is not a factor it could be 10mph or 60mph. I've taken it to the dealer and they can't find anything wrong with it. Any help would be much appreciated!!!

Wow. That's scary. I would try rotating the front tires to the back to eliminate the front tires as the source of the wobble. Make sure all tire pressures are correct. I would also check the tightness of the nuts and bolts holding the steering system in place, especially the pitman arm. You may want to let the tire store do that while they are rotating the tires. They will have the big sockets necessary. I'm sorry but I just don't trust RV Dealers to do anything in the service department that is chassis related. I don't think they have the right personnel.

Thank you for response, I checked the tire pressures and are correct. This problem seems to mimic the slippery when wet road signs. Where both tires are wobbling in unison. Once I stop and resume it seems fine. The incidents are random for now.

Latest resources

Back