Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

minnismama

RVF Newbee
Hey there! Just found this on FB! Hubs and I are retired, have a 2001 31 foot Bounder class A and enjoy traveling with our 90-lb black lab.
My question is about relocation in general and mail in particular. We plan on selling our home in FL by the beginning of 2024 and embarking on a 6-month trip to Maine. Upon our return we plan on buying another house in a different state. We 're looking forward to traveling unencumbered by mortgage, utility bills and property taxes. Has anyone else done this? How did it work out for you?

My second question is about mail. Do we have to have a forwarding address for camping? Can we use our old address ? We plan on receiving and paying all our bills online. We had a horrible experience with a mail forwarding service the last time we took an extended trip.

Welcome! Great to have you with us.

If you're fulltiming you can look at mail services some here can recommend for you as I think Escapees offers one. Check out the fulltiming forum and maybe ask questions there.

Otherwise consider a neighbor, relative, kid, etc. to collect your mail and arrange for it to be shipped to you at times.

I have used several mail forwarding services. I have had no complaints. I'm not much of a joiner so would never consider joining an outfit like escapees. I do online banking, and paperless billing.

Been doing things this way for about 23 years, so yes, just work the kinks out over time, and ask people you meet how they do it, then do what works for you!!!

Latest resources

Back