RV Model
Ventana 4037
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
Jeep Wrangler
Fulltimer
Yes
Greetings

I've been lurking on here for some time. Posted for the first time today in the Newmar section so I thought I should write an intro message.

We've been full time since 10-15-2019. It's been an interesting 2 1/2 years.

We've added 1600 watts of solar to the roof and 2 300AH LifeBlue lithium batteries. We're comfortable boondocking and enjoy attending some Escapees events. We're doing our first non-Escapee event in December with the AIM club in Biloxi.

We've put 30K miles on the coach since we picked it up and another 30K miles on the Jeep since we picked it up 3 months into our journey.

Wow, you did have interesting timing for your new lifestyle - pre-Covid. We feel a bit the same since we retired last summer, bought a (little Newmar) coach, and it seems that prices immediately went bonkers.
We were talking to a service tech yesterday who has a 40+ Monaco, and he was astounded that we get 7-8 mpg and hope to imorove that. He said he gets 4, and in the mountains, 1.5 mpg 😳
Needless to say, he's stationary right now and employed as a tech.
We're planning a 2300-mile trip in the fall, devoutly hoping the fuel prices settle down - already budgeted an extra $2K to the trip 😖

Welcome @swaff54 and congrats. Sounds like a wonderful journey.

Latest resources

Back