Chassis
Prevost
Engine
Volvo D13
TOW/TOAD
2023 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Fulltimer
No
“Newmar Corporation (Newmar) is recalling certain 2021 London Aire, Dutch Star, New Aire, Ventana, and Mountain Aire vehicles. The steering output shaft may be too short and could disengage from the steering input shaft. Disengagement of the steering output shaft may result in a loss of steering, increasing the risk of a crash.”

From a harvest host email this morning.

There are actually two Recalls for April 2021 one for steering and one for a brake pedal return spring missing.

Here is a site that allows you to insert your vin to see if any recalls apply to your coach.

Two recalls:

One for steering

One for brake pedal

Recalls for Newmar by Year and Model, type in 2021 Newmar to see recent recalls by model.

I am trying not to envision driving down the road and the steering stops working and when I go to brake the pedal isn’t working correctly either.

I think Gaffney can handle this, right? Sounds like more of a chassis thing?

I have a 2021 Dutch Star delivered April 1. I called the factory and they said there were no recalls. Gave them my vin and they said no recalls on my coach.

I have a 2021 Dutch Star delivered April 1. I called the factory and they said there were no recalls. Gave them my vin and they said no recalls on my coach.
Call spartan. I have a feb 21 delivered unit and I have two. One being shock mount. The other is steering lock washers.

Spartan Recall K2 & K3 chassis for High Pressure Fuel Rail Leak

Attachments

• NHTSA_Safety_Issues.pdf
    19.8 KB · Views: 21
FWIW-The Rear PDM recall has been cancelled. Freightliner said the vendor which was making the part cannot make it strong enough and it fails as well. They will issue the recall again, once they find a vendor who can make the parts heavy duty enough to not fail. My suggestion is stop buying the crap made in china, find "Diamond Electronics" on the Oregon Coast, give them the specifications and have them make the boards necessary for this part, they double solder everything, so they bullet proof. But what do I know.

I had my spartan chassis 2021 Dutch Star checked yesterday by a Spartan rep. He came to the campground in Colorado Springs after flying to Denver. He checked my steering and proclaimed all is ok. All contacts were initiated by Spartan. He said, so far, only 1 bad one has been found after checking 75-100 units and I heard that the one was at the factory.

My trip will continue. No worries.

Latest resources

Back