RV Model
Ventana 3436
RV Length
34'
TOW/TOAD
2020 Ford Edge
Fulltimer
No
Pulled into camp tonight and set everything up. No power to the TV...everything else plugged in (sat receiver/appletv/fan) work. Any ideas where to start looking? I cannot gain access to the back of the tv (I've tried everything short of ripping it off the wall)...can't access into the area behind the tv where the cords run up from tv/bose to upper cabinet. I will say that for some reason out of the blue the satellite receiver will power up when in storage so I unplugged everything and didn't plug back in until at campsite. Is it possible there's the chord from the tv that fell down in the hole? I've counted plugs and I seem to have all of them but ?. 2018 Ventana 3436 if someone has similar floor plan and knows how to access behind tv or other ideas for me to check? Will call Newmar in the morning if nothing works.

You need to power cycle it. Once you get it on again be sure to update the firmware. Connect it to your WiFi and then go to the customer support area and check for updates.

You should be able to pry the grill off the back but the alternative option is turn off the inverter and back on from the magnum control head.

Thanks Neal...I was hoping you would chime in with all you electronic/gadget knowledge! So, to "power cycle" it, thats something done from the rear of the tv behind a grill? I can't even get one hand behind the tv...it's frustrating how it seems to be mounted permanently and can't be accessed...I'm sure there is some trick but I have looked and looked for many months trying to get behind the tv! With the inverter turn off option on the magnum control head...thats just the little button on the front that says inverter and then the light is either on or off? That didn't seem to help so maybe something else? Sorry I'm such a dork when it comes to this kind of stuff!

The front TV has an ignition cutoff so I assume the key is in the OFF position. Yes, if you pressed the inverter button it should turn off all 120V outlets. If it doesn't then try turning the shore power breakers off too at the pedestal.

I made an assumption as well as what I stated above with ignition cutoff that you were talking about the front/center TV but after re-reading your post I think I jumped to the wrong conclusion. This sounds like your televator TV or can you clarify which one? Do your other outlets such as under the kitchen cabinets work? I want to make sure the GFI outlets haven't tripped. If so you can try resetting them, mine is one of the outlets underneath the kitchen cabinets.

Please clarify, which exact TV are you having a problem with. Feel free to attach a picture as well.

It's my front permanent mounted tv...not on a televator. Yes, I checked all the outlets and they work. The TV is plugged into an outlet that has other things plugged in to also and they all work...everything around the tv works, just not the tv. I even tried the salesman switch, looked at the fuse for tv in the main panel and everything appears ok. My first instinct was the tripped GFI however with everything else plugged in there working that didn't pan out. Key is in off position

3AF8E092-DC4F-4F03-BAA1-E5C6F6B5FE27.jpeg

8B2ABB4D-8B6A-4598-8D68-69119D951606.jpeg

I would imagine the TV cord is going into that upper cabinet to an outlet? On the bottom of the Sony are three buttons, press the center and it should turn it on if the remote is not working.

There are no fuses and the salesman switch is not related as that's 12V only, the TV is off of the Inverter and 120V.

Thanks Neal, I appreciate your time...I tried that button too and still nothing...I'll call Newmar today and see if they have any ideas or at least tell me if there is a way to pull the tv away from the wall...I also tried to stick my head way back in that cabinet to see down into the little hole to see if maybe there is a power cord that fell down through...but I can't see anything but it's pretty tight quarters and a pretty small hole

Well...I'll follow up and fall on the sword...As I kinda thought...when I unplugged all the plugs in the cabinet, then drove on bumpy California roads for 3 hours, the tv cord went down the little hole into the abyss behind the tv. I called Newmar this morning for their ideas why it may not be working and she told me how to get behind the tv (sorta)...I was able to finally get it off the bracket and when I looked in the hole behind the tv, just saw all the wires. Reached in and started feeling around and felt the plug laying there. Fed it back up through the top hole, plugged it in and all is good. I am glad this helped me to figure out the tv mount, that has been something I have been trying to figure out for awhile. If anyone has this tv mount...just unscrew the screws at the bottom and then the tv will just lift off the upper rail.

Latest resources

Back