• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Cleanyourhome

RVF Newbee
I have a 1992 Fleetwood Bounder.
I have no power to my ignition switch on my RV. I started my RV yesterday everything was fine I think I might have left the exterior porch light on last night and now I have no power to my ignition. My RV battery voltage is 12.6. I did a continuity test on all the fuses the battery box and they all seem good. I've tried jumping the RV with my truck and I still get absolutely nothing when I turn the key. I'm brand new to rving an RVs and this is our fourth day out and I'm not sure what to do.

Attachments

• 20230704_095032.jpg
    20230704_095032.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 3
I would say the next thing to do is look for where you have 12 volts and where you don't. Starting back at the battery and the main cables. Keep in mind that having the positive 12 volts isn't enough when you are checking, you also have to have good grounds all the way too. I bet the problem is something simple. Unfortunately FINDING that problem can sometimes be awful.

The primary offender with such issues are the battery cables. Often you have to physically take them loose to clean/retighten them because they can LOOK fine and be just enough skewy to kill everything.

Latest resources

Back