RV Year
RV Make
Forest River Sandpiper
RV Model
365SAQB
RV Length
Fulltimer
No
I've got a 2014 Sandpiper with a Dometic RM3962LSSX model fridge. I was attempting to install a fin fan to help keep the fridge cool in the 90 plus degree SC summer heat. I was planning to wire the fan to the wires feeding the interior light, and as I attempted to pull the connector for the red wire from the terminal behind the light, the light went out. I still have 12v power to the fridge, as the control board on the front is lit up, and the fridge is still working fine. I have checked all fuses and they all look good. I have also changed the bulb and the door switch, but no luck. Should I be looking at the power module behind the fridge? I am pretty handy and a do-it-your-selfer, but I am no electrician. I know enough to be dangerous. I don't want to go poking around in there and fry the control board or worse.

Need a little more info and a picture would help as well. Did you actually disconnect the wire? get a meter and check to see if there is current to the wire.

Need a little more info and a picture would help as well. Did you actually disconnect the wire? get a meter and check to see if there is current to the wire.
It will be a couple of weeks before I can get back to the camper but I'll snap a couple of pictures when I do. I never actually disconnected the wire but had the light pulled out with the wires exposed.

Latest resources

Back