Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Jerhuntr

RVF Newbee
Refrigerator is getting cold, functioning on both lp and ac. Also switches back and fort correctly from one to the other on auto. Will not turn off. Display is blinking what looks like an "r" . I have tried replacing with new updated board and display (633292). Nothing comes up on display and nothing works. Reinstalled used boards and back to original. Power button will not turn it off. Searched quite a bit. Not coming up with anything like this. Diagnostic pages dont seem to be functioning properly. Scrolled through these before so I know what they are.7 hidden pages, including a reset/clear page. Doesn't seem to be the typical issue with these refrigerators. Maybe bad display board? Any help appreciated

Attachments

• 20230602_152314.jpg
    20230602_152314.jpg
    379 KB · Views: 6
On my Norcold, you have to push and hold the off button. Try holding the off button. The reason for the hold is in case you bump the off button while changing the other settings.

Reading Amazon reviews about the new mother board. Found several that stated they had to use "the jumper wire". Finally someone posted a photo. Turns out the kit (633292) comes with said wire, but nothing mentioned about it in instructions! This jumper links the two terminals for the limit switch, which are marked on the circuit board. One review stated they installed the new board, didn't work so they paid a tech who found a "side note" that tells where to place jumper. Original board had no terminals for limit switch. So glad I stumbled upon this info. Everything is working 100%! Norcold wouldn't even discuss it with me due to "safety " and because I am not a "certified repair technician " . Such BS! Anyone can buy this part online, and wouldn't know about this wire. Hope this helps anyone with N621 that needs new display and motherboard. [QUOTE="Jerhuntr, post: 9
Refrigerator is getting cold, functioning on both lp and ac. Also switches back and fort correctly from one to the other on auto. Will not turn off. Display is blinking what looks like an "r" . I have tried replacing with new updated board and display (633292). Nothing comes up on display and nothing works. Reinstalled used boards and back to original. Power button will not turn it off. Searched quite a bit. Not coming up with anything like this. Diagnostic pages dont seem to be functioning properly. Scrolled through these before so I know what they are.7 hidden pages, including a reset/clear page. Doesn't seem to be the typical issue with these refrigerators. Maybe bad display board? Any help appreciated
[/QUOTE]

Latest resources

Back