Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
State I haven't been too and may go on this upcoming short trip as I head back to the EAA AirVenture airshow (Oshkosh, WI) (couldn't figure out where else to go) and may search for cooler weather and go someplace I haven't been, which is many, but North Dakota is certainly one. Any suggestions for North Dakota destinations, attractions, must see's?

State I haven't been too and may go on this upcoming short trip as I head back to the EAA AirVenture airshow (Oshkosh, WI) (couldn't figure out where else to go) and may search for cooler weather and go someplace I haven't been, which is many, but North Dakota is certainly one. Any suggestions for North Dakota destinations, attractions, must see's?
We visited Teddy Roosevelt NP, and Medora. In Medora there is a fun, very patriotic outdoor musical, and the Pitchfork Fondue outdoor dinner. However, they both stop in early September. They are both very enjoyable. We probably would not visit if the seasonal events are over. Judy D

Not North Dakota but got an email from the Commemorative Air Force that they will have some cool stuff at the EAA this year.

I second visiting Roosevelt National Park. If you haven't been to S. Dakota that is certainly worth a trip.

I
We visited Teddy Roosevelt NP, and Medora. In Medora there is a fun, very patriotic outdoor musical, and the Pitchfork Fondue outdoor dinner. However, they both stop in early September. They are both very enjoyable. We probably would not visit if the seasonal events are over. Judy D
I'm headed there in a week. I already have my ticket for the show and trying to schedule a Trail ride on a horse. 😊

I’ve been to North Dakota a few times, as my brother lives in Fargo. I can’t think of any places I’ve been to worth recommending. I’d probably check out Theodore Roosevelt National Park.

I would steer clear of Fargo. According to movies and TV, that place has far more than its fair share of serial killers.

We enjoyed TR national park, both sections. Kind of crazy that they're in different time zones.
Ronald Reagan Historic Missile Site (easier to visit than Minute Man in SD because the elevator accommodates more people).
We took a MO River cruise in Bismarck and visited the museums.
White Horse Mountain National Wildlife Refuge has an amazing viewpoint if you survive the stair climb!
If you're there when the canola fields and sunflower fields are blooming, it's yellow as far as you can see. I think we were through there in August.
As others have said, not crazy about Fargo, but there are a couple of museums, including an aviation museum.

Times 2......Medora was exceptional! Pitchfork Fondue was different. TR Nat'l Park ,interesting!

Not in North Dakota, BUT Cody Wyoming is a fantastic place to visit! Spend at least two days at the Museum! Many interesting things to do & places to see!!

Latest resources

Back