• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question North Dakota?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Times 2......Medora was exceptional! Pitchfork Fondue was different. TR Nat'l Park ,interesting!

Not in North Dakota, BUT Cody Wyoming is a fantastic place to visit! Spend at least two days at the Museum! Many interesting things to do & places to see!!
Great recommendation! It is a fun town, and the museum is wonderful. If you like prime rib, Cassie’s was good a few years ago. It has sort of a history, used to be a “ house of ill repute”. Lol! However, I do not know how cool it will be. It is very worthwhile to take a toad on Chief Joseph’s Scenic Byway. Stunning! Judy D

I’ll be in Bowman ND in just under two weeks. Heading to Glacier on Monday and after 5 days there heading to ND (with 2 stops along the way). After that on to Belle Fourche SD. Be in Boston by Labor Day.

I thought of you when I saw this in a thrift shop this morning.

IMG_8190.jpeg

In Jamestown there is the world's largest buffalo and some western museum stuff. Steel has the largest sandhill crane. Bismarck has a lot of stuff to do takes a couple of days. There is the state capital, which is the tallest building in ND, used to be able to go the top observation deck for a great view not sure after covid. Right next to the capital building is the states heritage museum. There is the river boat on the Missouri river. Great eating places. Just 4 miles south of there is Port Lincoln state park. Custer lived there and left there for Little Big Horn. They have restored his home and some of the other buildings, really worthwhile. In same park is the Mandan, Hidatsa and Arikara Indian village where they have rebuilt the earth mound houses. Up on the hill in the same park is the calvary fort where they have rebuilt the corner block houses. This place is one of the must-see places in ND. Plus, they have a very nice campground there, right the Heart River meets the and Missouri. Another must see is the Lewis and Clark center 40 miles north of Bismarck. There is a visitor center, Fort Mandan, where Lewis and Clark spent the winter, has been rebuilt. A really nice triangle fort right on the river. Going west in the I-94 again is New Salem Sue, world's largest cow. If you have a couple of hours go south on the Enchanted Highway, huge steel renditions of different western scenes. Look that on up online. Dickinson has a dinosaur museum. Lots of dinosaurs have been dug up in the Badlands. Now you have the Badlands, too much to say about here. Ok campground there, must do the musical and pitchfork fondue if they are still open then. Drive through the park itself. Chateau De Mores. Lots of history in that area. Go online and look up Medora and Thedore Roosevelt National Park. Sorry I got so long but that just hits the some of the highlights in this great state.

Latest resources

Back