Chassis
F-450
Engine
V-10
TOW/TOAD
Jeep Wrangler
Fulltimer
No
Camping Northern NM. I have camped this same location several times a year since 1976. This is the summer of 2020, it became my covid hide out. Knock on wood it remains remains fairly un-discovered. Maybe due to the difficult access. Lots of wildlife including Elk, Black Bear, Deer, Mountain lions, etc. I was 14 years old when my younger brother and I got to do our first overnight without the parents. We stayed two nights, gathered wood, built a fire and cooked hotdogs. Had a lever action 22 rifle to keep the bears at bay lol. Two days later our dad showed up to take us home. We grew up outdoors and just figured everyone did the same. I am 58 now and it saddens me to see how disrespectful people treat nature. We do have a small RV but in my opinion camping is best done in a tent miles from the next human, with a pack of hotdogs and lever action 22 rifle. Tin cans don't stand a chance! Oh I still have that rifle. Both daughters learned how to shoot with it and now my grandsons have camped this camp and shot there first tin can.

dinner.
camping1.jpg
camping2.jpg
camping3.jpg
camping4.jpg
camping5.jpg

Looks like a great location and I'll bet those pine needles really help with sleeping on the ground.

You brought up a bunch of memories!!! Thanks for the trip down memory lane!!!

WOW! as Kevin said a lot of memories came rushing back. Camping trips long stored in the memory banks. While we no longer do much tent camping we are able to find beautiful spots like this to boondock in with the coach. We typically will unhook the toad and go in search of a good place to set up camp. In our toad we carry a small tent and a couple bag chairs. When we find our spot we set up the tent and put out the bag chairs and go get the coach. As you all have mentioned it saddens me to see the trash others leave behind to soil our beautiful country. These photos are from BLM land in South Dakota. In this particular trip we stopped in the Forestry welcome center and asked of we could park the coach to go in search of a spot. They said sure put it down below on the lot and try to keep the parking time to a couple hours. Keep making the memories.
IMG_0083.JPG
IMG_0089.JPG

Latest resources

Back