Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

3dogsXLR

RVF Regular
Ok so I'm sure much of this information is covered in a myriad of threads on the forums here but I couldn't really find answers to some of my questions so here goes. I hope this is the right place for this post.
So I live in Montana and winter can be extremely harsh. I understand the major winterizing projects...flushing and draining the tanks, blowing out the lines, adding antifreeze. I intend to get a good cover for my XLR Boost 27qb as well. A good wash and wax of the exterior, thorough cleaning of the inside and service the gen-set will be done and I'll park it in a stable location.
I have questions about a couple of things my dad always used to do and I wonder if they are valid things to do. He would always prop open his refrigerator door and the toilet valve. Does anyone do these things? I did on our previous TT, but I'm wondering if I should on this one?
Also, at the moment my gray and black tanks are empty (flushed them good today) but would it be safe to put a couple gallons of water in each with a little RV antifreeze and some freshener packets? Thanks for any advice!

I have not heard of propping open the toilet valve, but far as the fridge, you can either prop the door open or put a coffee cup full of un-perked coffee grounds in it. Either one will suffice and you won't get the odors.

Cool thanks! Any thoughts on leaving a couple gallons of water in my gray and black tanks with some freshener packets and antifreeze?

Cool thanks! Any thoughts on leaving a couple gallons of water in my gray and black tanks with some freshener packets and antifreeze?
Not necessary in my opinion. A gallon or two of water will freeze, but won't hurt anything. The freshener packets are a waste of money in my opinion, even during the summer.

Latest resources

Back