RV Length
43'
Chassis
Freightliner
Engine
Cummins 450HP
TOW/TOAD
2022 Jeep Unlimited Sport S w/ Air Force One and Blue Ox
So I don't know that I'm allowed to post here since I'm technically not a HR owner... But I'd like to be. Looking at the current Nautica and think it might be the best solve for my family. The issue I'm running into is that there is nothing near me dealer wise. The ones listed don't stock any and lack any real knowledge except the behemoth who shall not be named. I'm in NY state north of NYC and did a search within 2K miles for inv and this is what I end up with... Obviously taking a trip to Florida to look at them and further research seems a bit excessive. Anyone face similar issues? I'd rather not blindly place an order over the phone, I would have like to get in one and possibly test drive one too? Are my expectations unrealistic ?

1629929538271.png

Sure you’re allowed to post; anyone interested in RVing is allowed to post. Welcome aboard.

TJ
Meant more because I posted in the HR Owner's club :D

You may need to travel, many do to look at prospective purchases. But there are great ways in the current day and age to FaceTime or other video methods to look at things remotely as well. Realizing travel now is a bit different than the past with higher risks.

You may need to travel, many do to look at prospective purchases. But there are great ways in the current day and age to FaceTime or other video methods to look at things remotely as well. Realizing travel now is a bit different than the past with higher risks.
I mean I'm totally up to traveling a bit, but here it's not like this is manageable in a day drive, the closest dealer with inv is over 1100 miles away. This doesn't make it a really valid option. I didn't realize some brands had so few dealers.

Part of my decision rested on proximity to the dealer and to service. You may want to look at a brand that is more accessible.

I got the best deal, by far in Fla. Too far to go. I bought mine from a dealer over 600 miles away from home, but in an area that I camp a lot.

See if you can find what you are looking for on Mat's RV reviews on Youtube. Also, check out the nearest RV shows. They have them in Jan- Mar, I think, in NY.

Part of my decision rested on proximity to the dealer and to service. You may want to look at a brand that is more accessible.

I got the best deal, by far in Fla. Too far to go. I bought mine from a dealer over 600 miles away from home, but in an area that I camp a lot.

See if you can find what you are looking for on Mat's RV reviews on Youtube. Also, check out the nearest RV shows. They have them in Jan- Mar, I think, in NY.

He did do a video on the HR I was interested in. If you look you'll see the bunk room setup is VERY unique and not something you find in class A normally. I also did sign up for the new RV show already Feb 18-21. I already looked at Brands local dealers carry and nothing really solves the needs.

Don't be afraid to travel to get what you want. I flew to Florida from Wisconsin to get ours and it was a 2002 HR Ambassador. I would recommend that you look at a brand where you can get warranty service because you are buying new. Just remember this is a toy to have fun with. Just relax and enjoy the process.

Oh, BTW welcome.

I bought my used 2006 Holiday Rambler Ambassador after looking at a bunch of pictures. Cost me $110 to fly from Atlanta to Dallas. The seller picked me up at the airport and took me to the dealer where she had put it on consignment. I bought it and drove it home! This is not for everybody but I had lots of conversations with the seller and felt confident the coach was in good shape.

W
He did do a video on the HR I was interested in. If you look you'll see the bunk room setup is VERY unique and not something you find in class A normally. I also did sign up for the new RV show already Feb 18-21. I already looked at Brands local dealers carry and nothing really solves the needs.

Wow! I loved the interior of that Nautica. Very nice. Lots of good features there for sure. And have you ever seen so much storage in your life???!!!
:oops: :oops: :oops:

Latest resources

Back