Freightliner
Engine
Cummins 450hp
TOW/TOAD
2022 RAM 1500 4X4
Fulltimer
No
Number of Posts to Show Per Page
Use this option to set the number of posts to show in a thread before splitting the display into multiple pages.
Use Forum Default Show 10 Posts Per Page Show 25 Posts Per Page Show 50 Posts Per Page Show 100 Posts Per Page Number of Posts to Show Per Page:

On most of the "other" forums I visit I'm able to adjust the number of post allowed on a single page. I usually pick the largest number available as I find it most convenient for me.

Is there a way to do this here? I've looked and can't find a way. :unsure:

I don't believe there is a way to adjust it from the user side at this time, it's something on the admin site that is set. I have it set to 20 per page. I'm open to suggestions or more or less, what are you looking for?

Right now mine is at 10. If you can, I'd pick the highest number 50, 100......

Mine seems to be set at 10 also. I don't mind it being that way, but would be OK with increasing it some; maybe to 20. On longer threads, it is useful to me to be able to note page numbers and easily find a specific post. Increasing posts per page to something like 50 or 100 defeats that purpose.

Just my $.02 worth.

TJ

How many do you see when you visit RVForums Tips and Announcements

I'm checking into it. It should be 20 which it shows in Admin. I must have missed something.

Are the number of posts displayed per page and the number of threads displayed per page the same or different settings? I see 26 threads per page in the RVForums Tips and Announcements forum. There are no threads with enough replies to require a second page.

OTOH, in threads, when the discussion goes beyond 10 posts, I get a second page.

TJ

Last edited:
Okay, I'm starting to understand what you're seeing. There are various areas where the number of "things" shown are set. There is a number of threads per page in a forum, there are number of posts within a thread, when clicking what's new there is a limit as to how many items are shown before you have to click load more.

So yes, there are 10 posts per page in a thread. Are you all wanting more to show? It all comes down to whether you want to scroll or keep the content within limits of getting too long. Site owners also have to balance page size so that the ads refresh for those that are not RVF Supporters and the page visits help with ad exposures. Trying to find a happy balance for all.

I will up the posts per thread from 10 to 20 and let me know if you like that. And it's now SET! Just keep in mind this reduces advertising exposure so I have to balance these settings.

Thanks Neal, 20 is much better.

I’m just happy with the forum. My little brain just goes along with whatever the settings are. When it gets seriously confused I’ll let you know??

Latest resources

Back