Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
On the eastern outskirts of Austin where they actually have 5G! My new iPhone 12 Pro MAX is pulling upwards of 200 MB/s down.

Pepwave Max Transit Cat 18 on AT&T
Mid morning
Mobley plan (unlimited): 114 / 37

Last night Verizon was around 30-50 down, have no tested this morning.

att.png

Tested Verizon this morning: 148 / 48
Again, this is a Verizon PREPAID plan that has beyond sucked in the past with consistent horrendous speeds where I almost cancelled it.

Evenings here do seem to be slower, this was a surprise result. Mornings on both AT&T and Verizon are far better than evening. But getting these speeds is amazing as well as enjoying true 5G on my iPhone 12 Pro MAX with 200 MB/s down speeds is cool.

vzw.png

All we have to do is park close to Neal, and ask him for the password (y)

All we have to do is park close to Neal, and ask him for the password (y)
And discounted rates :) Be sure to mention coupon code "illwaxyourrv"

Last edited:
What do you think of the park itself?

What do you think of the park itself?
Not bad, I haven't ventured out yet so I have no idea of the surroundings. It was or the Austin East KOA and this one had some good reviews that it was better than described as it's a site owned kinda place. It's actually a tiny home park (weird) with RV spaces too, I guess they are converting the RV spaces to tiny homes. It's a relaxing location. Had a power issues on arrival on the 24th but office was closed, went through answering service which had someone call me and they said just pick my own site so I did.

Thanks, Neal! I read that about the tiny homes, and of course any online satellite map is probably too old to show the conversion. We will be passing through Austin in Feb or March and might give them a try. Fast connection is practically a miracle at any RV park

The cellular here is hit or miss, it's not what I expected it to be for Austin, not that I'm probably that close to Austin. Mornings are good, evenings not so much, I wonder if the KOA would be better for connectivity? But it works. When it's fast it's really fast.

Thanks, Neal! I read that about the tiny homes, and of course any online satellite map is probably too old to show the conversion. We will be passing through Austin in Feb or March and might give them a try. Fast connection is practically a miracle at any RV park
I'll post some pictures later.

Latest resources

Back