• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Larry Woodward

RVF Regular
2017 Dutch star
Bus is winterized, just checking if ok to run oasis furnace while no water on board sine winterized. I’m assuming it’s fine since oasis has its own fluid. Checking because I know there is a domestic water drain as part of winterizing which I believe is part of the oasis system

Correct, your fresh tank does not have any interaction with OASIS. If you're going to use OASIS in the winter as I do even in storage then no need to drain fresh or even winterize for that matter. Up to you. I haven't winterized for the past two years as I'm on power while in storage and leave AC I on. Used furnace one year, was interesting, it burned about 30 gals of diesel over the course of the winter. I set a setpoint of about 60 on the tstat, the wet bay will maintain 40+ automatically.

Correct, your fresh tank does not have any interaction with OASIS. If you're going to use OASIS in the winter as I do even in storage then no need to drain fresh or even winterize for that matter. Up to you. I haven't winterized for the past two years as I'm on power while in storage and leave AC I on. Used furnace one year, was interesting, it burned about 30 gals of diesel over the course of the winter. I set a setpoint of about 60 on the tstat, the wet bay will maintain 40+ automatically.
Thanks for the info. I’ve used the system enough to realize it is very efficient for both heat and on demand hot water. Question: if I’m not plugged in and not running the generator will the oasis burner run and if so is the only draw on the batteries the furnace fans? One additional question, when driving in cold weather will the oasis burner run along with the furnace as long as the engine is running and the inverter is on but not the generator? My understanding is that with the engine running the batteries stay charged and the engine actually heats the oasis fluid. I notice there is a small radiator for heat in the water bay, is there a fan that runs with it? Sorry for all the questions, we recently returned from a trip in Florida to Michigan and ran into some 30 degree weather with high winds. Ironically we lost dash heat due to a faulty water valve not allowing the engine coolant to enter the heater hose. The Oasis furnace was a life saver for the trip home.

Question: if I’m not plugged in and not running the generator will the oasis burner run and if so is the only draw on the batteries the furnace fans?
Yes, the furnace (burner) will run without being on shore power. It will draw 12V for the convector fans so at some point the gen, shore power, or solar would be needed to recharge house batteries.
One additional question, when driving in cold weather will the oasis burner run along with the furnace as long as the engine is running and the inverter is on but not the generator?
The engine will supply the heat for the oasis, you certainly can leave the burner on as well, I believe OASIS will only run the burner when it's needed.
I notice there is a small radiator for heat in the water bay, is there a fan that runs with it?
There is no fan on that convector, it radiates heat without a fan needed and keeps the basement/wet bay heated. You may want to put a tempstick in the bay to monitor temps which is what I do.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01HH7YD2Y/?tag=rvf01-20

Latest resources

Back