Chassis
Freightliner
Engine
Cummins ISL450
TOW/TOAD
Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Fulltimer
No
When I am not going to use my coach for week or longer I have been shutting off the Oasis unit at the control panel on the front of the unit. Is this a good practice? I can find nothing in the Oasis manuals one way or the other. Just curious. I’m in an area that does not freeze in the winter so the unit is not needed to keep the coach warm in storage.

I turn mine off at the panel but I understand your point, those pumps are still spinning. There is likely a fuse that controls the 12V OASIS feed which is powering the distribution panel/pumps. Maybe pull the fuse? Give ITR a call and see what they offer for best practices for storage and powering down OASIS hydronic heating.

My concerns, after letting this simmer, is the ole non use concerns of things working after a period of inactivity. While they are electric motors they are flowing fluid, if that fluid stops flowing, what happens? Not just to the motors but the entire system, what will build up, gum up, etc? I think I'd be apt to just leave the front panel controls off so no heaters are active and let the system run.

Latest resources

Back