Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
I've owned 1 x RV and that is Newmar which uses OASIS from itr-heat.com. I hear a lot about AQUAHOT. For those that have used both, or one or the other and just know, what are the differences? Wonder why Newmar chose OASIS over AQUAHOT?

I have heard that Newmar sometime ago had a falling out with Aquahot. have also heard the Oasis is a better built unit than Aquahot. Just rumor no facts but thats what I have been told. I have had both and prefer the Oasis, haven't yet had the experience or expense of replacing it like I did with the Aquahot., ouch.

I've only had Oasis, as well, in our two Newmar coaches. My BIL, however, has a Tiffin coach (we love him anyway :rolleyes:) with AquaHot and he is not thrilled with the customer service he has (or has not) received when he has called with a question or an issue.

TJ

While I have no experience with Aquahot I can say that the customer service with OASIS has been outstanding having called and emailed them multiple times for various issues and spare parts (pump).

We had an Aquahot unit in our previous coach (Alpine) for 10 years with virtually no problems. Our current Oasis unit has required the obligatory replacement of the summer loop pump 2 years into use. Beyond the pump replacement I really cannot see any difference in the performance of the two.....kinda like Freightliner vs Spartan. ?

I've had both, no real difference in performance as both are the higher end models. I like the 2 piece design on the Oasis where the manifold is separate but the burner service on the AH is a breeze once you get inside the unit. The AH seems a little quieter but that may be more the fan than the actual burner system. The accessibility to service is by far easier on the Oasis. You have to be a contortionist just to get the cover off an AH. For me i don't see a benefit to one over the other

Latest resources

Back