RV Length
Chassis
Freightliner
Engine
TOW/TOAD
2020 Jeep Cherokee
Fulltimer
No
I have about 32K miles on the cummins engine. Now when parked I am getting oil drips under the engine. Do other folks have oil drips? Should I get this checked at a freightliner dealer?

I had it, it’s not a chassis issue, it’s a Cummins issue. You should book into a Cummins location for diagnostic. At first I had an oil pan gasket replaced, later I continued to find oil and it was a head gasket, the oil pan gasket was probably a mis-diagnosis. The Cummins facility will obviously visually inspect, in my case they used a flourescent dye to identify the source. Here’s the catch though, if they diagnose and don’t do the repair, you pay for the diagnosis. If you remain there for the repair, the diagnosis is covered under warranty. I see you have a 2016 so you probably better hop on this right away. Take pictures and try to pin down the location best you can.

I had it, it’s not a chassis issue, it’s a Cummins issue. You should book into a Cummins location for diagnostic. At first I had an oil pan gasket replaced, later I continued to find oil and it was a head gasket, the oil pan gasket was probably a mis-diagnosis. The Cummins facility will obviously visually inspect, in my case they used a flourescent dye to identify the source. Here’s the catch though, if they diagnose and don’t do the repair, you pay for the diagnosis. If you remain there for the repair, the diagnosis is covered under warranty. I see you have a 2016 so you probably better hop on this right away. Take pictures and try to pin down the location best you can.
Agree - it's a Cummins issue. I have the number for the Denver location so I will call tomorrow.

Thanks for the info.

I'm guessing it is an oil pan gasket issue, especially if it has never been changed. On my 2017 Newmar 4369 (sold) mine went out before the ticker had 10,000 miles. Cummins replaced under warrant. They made a big deal out of it, keeping it in the shop overnight to the gasket sealer glue could set up properly, etc. About 7,000 to 10,000 miles after that it showed signs of leaking again. The way their warranty works even if you are the original owner I'm guessing you will be paying part of it.

Latest resources

Back