Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Jazzman_ap

RVF Newbee
I was recently given the opportunity to purchase a '93 PACE ARROW with the P30 chassis and the chevy 454 big block motor in it with roughly 45,000 miles on it for $500 i knew it needed work as i could tell it had been driven into a drive through or narrow drive way where the storage bay doors on both sides were badly scraped and on the drivers side, 2 doors had been pushed inward about 6" the rest of the body was in great shape, roof has to be redone as there are a few tears in the lining and on one side the side molding holding the roof lining has started to pull away from the body of the motorhome. However the interior was in decent shape and dry. A child had been allowed to decorate the walls and cabinets with paint, sparkle wallpaper, stickers, sparkle paint and tape. ugh!! lol however the motor and chassis were completely dry from top to bottom. No signs of having been cleaned i was surprised at how clean and free of oil or tranny fluid anywhere on the motor, tranny, or under carriage of the RV She ran a little rough, but quick to fire to life, auto choke, works to perfection and she idles down to about 900 rpm after about a minute. the side of the RV hd been bombed with paint balloons and some spray can graffiti. I bought it. Recently i had to replace the water pump, what a chore that was, and in doing so broke the oil pump sensor/sender when installing the new pump and it slipped, hitting the sensor and breaking it. I am replacing the new sensor today but my question is after i broke that sensor, the cooling fan does not automatically engage when the motor got hot anymore, The oil pressure gauge is stuck all the way to the top, the water temp gauge isnt working even though i installed a new sensor with the water pump and thermostat. If the oil sensor and sender are two different sensors, I cant find them both. Just the one on the lower left side of the block just above the oil pan which is the one i broke. any ideas as to why these other issues hace sprung up just from breaking the one sensor? Id appreciate any info youhave to offer . I''ll glad post pics and vids of my new toy as I slowly convert her back to the beauty she once was. Ive already removed 90% off all results of the paint bombing and their own attempt at repainting some of the graffics on the drivers side. still looking for new bay doors, already replaced main side door(different paint scheme as mine but the new paint job will resolve that problem. Thanks for your time in reading all of this!! James

Latest resources

Back