RV Length
15 ft
Chassis
Single axle
TOW/TOAD
Dodge Ram 1500
Fulltimer
No
I just came across a pristine Class C but it is a 2010 model. How often do RV parks restrict campers older than 10 years? I have heard of this happening, but I don't know how common it is. I don't want to spring for a 12-year-old RV no matter how great the condition if I'm going to have to pick and choose RV parks based on whether or not they will allow me to use it.

There is always another campground. I've made reservations at a few places where I've seen this rule and even having a RV at 5+ years old I've had to supply a picture. I would buy the camper that fit my desires and budget and not worry about this "rule."

You won't have a problem...the rule is there to give them authority to say no to this:

img.png

img

I have a 1971 Winnebago,I just call and ask if I can email pictures.20 years later,I was turned down once.fyi,if you join thousand trails/ encore,this never a problem.
KenW

I think it gives them the ability to keep rust buckets out. If your RV is well maintained you should be fine.

I think it gives them the ability to keep rust buckets out. If your RV is well maintained you should be fine.

It's my understanding that these "rules" are more often enforced for long term stays because in some jurisdictions long term stays can claim to be tenants who have some rights relative to evictions.

I’ve only run across parks with the 10 year rule a few times and the reasonable ones say 10 years or upon visual inspection or something like that. Also this is more or a class A only resort type of practice. So I doubt you ever have any issues, and if they are that picky, you probably don’t want to be there anyway.

Latest resources

Back