Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Ermallett

RVF Newbee
I'm a longtime RV'er but have not had one in a year or so. Past experience includes an Airstream (hated it), 2 Monaco's (loved them) and most recently a Liberty Coach (too much coach!) Now it's just my husband and I (no kids) and we are looking seriously at the LTV Unity or Wonder. We definitely want the rear twin beds, but other than that we don't know what we want. Ford or Mercedes? Wonder or Unity? And any other feedback you experts might have! I want to hear it all!! Also, perhaps you all may know of someone who has one for sale? Thank you in advance for your guidance.

What did you hate about the Airstream, if you don't mind my asking?

My neighbors have a Unity and they really like it but maintenance and repairs are pricey. I dont know much about them but I looked at specs recently and If I were buying Id go with the Ford chassis - more hp and torque, cheaper maintenance, and repairs wont involve a mercedes dealership. I had the ecoboost 3.5 in an F150 and it was a very capable drivetrain. Also there are some differences in available options between the two - I dont recall all the specifics but you can get all-wheel drive in the Wonder, and only the Unity lists jacks - so that and other differences might sway your decision one way or the ofher. Also aluminum wheels are standard on the Ford and a $3200 option on the Merc. But base price is $3k more for the Wonder and the Unity is better looking. So….just depends on what you prefer.

My neighbors have a Unity and they really like it but maintenance and repairs are pricey. I dont know much about them but I looked at specs recently and If I were buying Id go with the Ford chassis - more hp and torque, cheaper maintenance, and repairs wont involve a mercedes dealership. I had the ecoboost 3.5 in an F150 and it was a very capable drivetrain. Also there are some differences in available options between the two - I dont recall all the specifics but you can get all-wheel drive in the Wonder, and only the Unity lists jacks - so that and other differences might sway your decision one way or the ofher. Also aluminum wheels are standard on the Ford and a $3200 option on the Merc. But base price is $3k more for the Wonder and the Unity is better looking. So….just depends on what you prefer.

Thank you for your insight!!

What did you hate about the Airstream, if you don't mind my asking?
We have a Unity twin bed. Lots of pros and cons. As with Mercedes some for dealers will not work on vehicle.
You can’t tow much with the ford whereas with MB you can tow +4000lbs. New MB LTV has a new motor and you will want to check towing ability if interested in that.
Our mileage is about 20mpg not towing.

Latest resources

Back