Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

modrob

RVF Regular
I’ve found a Class A I’m kinda liking, but it’s hard for me to “pull the trigger”…(more questions of me as I’ve aged LOL)
It’s a 2002 Allegro, 29 foot. About 56,000 miles. This older gentleman and wife have owned it for last 8 years and kept it up well. Brand new nice tires all way around. Ford V10 motor. His wife doesn’t want to travel anymore so he won’t let it sit…
Price is 16,500, but I can get for 15k. It has “refurbished” WV title—couple years ago storms blew down a tree that damaged the rear panel, and broke off bottom 2 feet of ladder. His State Farm totaled it, and he bought it back. Repaired the panel, and had title revised. I talked to my own State Farm agent and he assured me as long as “refurbished” title, then he could insure it with no issues…
Another concern to me is the inside ceiling—a few scattered places there is a slight rusty color, but light enough it’s almost invisible. A closer inspection and I found a couple of places that look like a light coating of paint or similar covering—seeing as the normal nap-like texture appeared here to have that slight coating. The owner said it was periods of condensation on the underside they had had. A close look at the roof noted no defects, and all sealing looked fine. I believe it’s either one sheet of fiberglass or similar, and again, looks perfect.
Any thoughts?

Latest resources

Back