Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

mdrey

RVF Regular
So, For I while I've been slowly getting myself in to buying a class A RV. As I go I come up with some questions and I need opinions
from you guy's thought about this. When you are traveling, Is your tanks and water always on your minds? Is it like don't take a shower you will fill the tank. Don't use so much water! Or is it just as normal?
thaxs
Mike

We travel with the freshwater tank about 3/4 full and start the trip with empty black/gray water tanks without concern. Our RV style has always been to minimize water use, so it is not new to us when we are on the road.

TJ

I lived on my 30’ sailboat, so I was always aware of my fresh water situation, and used it accordingly.
Same on the RV. My wife has different attitude. She is clueless most of the time about the tank levels. In some instances, we have skipped a shower, to make sure we make it to the next water source.

Aware, but not obsessed.

As normal, we always conserve water.

After years of Raving it just comes naturally. You know when to conserve and when you don't have to. Don't stress injoy the RV!!!

We very seldom have any trouble not having enough water or not being able to take a hot shower. Tanks are EZ to dump and not a big concern while camping for us. I guess if you were boondocking it would be an issue. But here in the Southeast there's no where to boondock so water is almost always available.

Basically just an issue when we boondock. When travelling between RV Campgrounds, we carry only a max of 25-30 gals. Right now, our fresh water tank is empty while at a location for 2 months. Maybe we should keep some in the tank in case there's a water supply issue.....

Latest resources

Back