Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Chris Bertie

RVF Newbee
I am wondering if someone can help me. My husband and I have a fifth wheel and have a seasonal site. This is our second season here at snow lake campground in Fenwick Michigan. We have been having a problem in our shower. When we take a shower the floor of our shower turns orange. It doesn’t do it in any of the sinks
Or toilet. Has anyone ever had this happen and if so can you tell me why it is doing it and how to stop it. Thank you for any help anyone can give me.

When we're at our site in florida the well water is terrible and looks orange. The whole resort is on a well. I use a filter and also bought a water softener. It helps. We still buy our drinking water.

Thank you for your reply. We have replaced the water filter and it hasn’t helped. What is weird is it’s only in the shower or sinks and toilet are not turning orange.

Definitely hard water. Try a water softner. If you have color treated hair (highlights, colored) it will also turn orange.

There is an orange mold that likes to hang out in places that mold of every variety does. I battled it in our old motorhome’s shower.

Could be high iron content in the water. That would be my guess.

Yes, Iron. As someone else mentioned try a softener and/or filter. I hope this helps. Peace, Jim

Latest resources

Back