• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Ordered 2020 Rubicon Today - Tow Baseplate Setup

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Here are some examples of what percentage you can expect from the MSRP. Last week I called Dennis Dillions Jeep and he quoted 12% off MSRP but travel cost would eat up the savings but I used that quote to get the deal I got.

Last edited:
One negative thing I have noticed on the 2020, the 2017 had a 12V socket in the center console that was hot with the key off. This is where I plugged my RVI3 brake system in. On the 2020 for some reason only has an outlet on the dash that is hot with the ignition on. Surprising given so many people run a brake unit that requires power while towing. There is a hot all the time outlet in the cargo area. Obviously fixable just a bit odd on the number one towed vehicle.

I used that discount as well, but it is not the best deal.

Dealer holdback on a rubicon is around 1750.00
Invoice is approx 1400 below retail.

There are other incentives and stacking that can be done, with the average deal being 6% below dealer invoice.

2019 DSDP 4369 * Active Air * NHSO
On domestic car sales, it is pretty common that the dealer also gets an advertising budget per unit that shows below the invoice number. It is also very common to have retro stair step bonuses based on hitting a units sold objective, an example would be; objective of 15 wranglers sold for the month, the first 14 sold get $0 bonus dollars until the 15th or more Wrangler is sold, then the dealer gets the bonus amount retroactively from the first unit sold, I have seen these bonus range from $500-$1000 per unit, sometimes more.
Two things are usually helpful in getting the best deal
As Turbo said, go somewhere that has a lot of units in stock, shop close to the end of the month when deal ships are trying to hit sales objective numbers.

One negative thing I have noticed on the 2020, the 2017 had a 12V socket in the center console that was hot with the key off. This is where I plugged my RVI3 brake system in. On the 2020 for some reason only has an outlet on the dash that is hot with the ignition on. Surprising given so many people run a brake unit that requires power while towing. There is a hot all the time outlet in the cargo area. Obviously fixable just a bit odd on the number one towed vehicle.

Thanks for the heads up, I probably wouldn't found that out till the I hooked up getting ready to leave.

I tapped the power outlet direct to battery in the fuse. Just remove the fuse, and run another inline fuse between the "power side" of that fuse and the 12v lug in the fuse box. It is very simple to do. I will get pictures and do a better write up.

You can also modify the RPO to turn off with ignition if desired.

I did this with spare parts I have.

You need a Mini Fuse Tap,

Inline Fuse Holder,

and a 10-12AWG terminal connector

Locate and remove the fuse for the power port.

You will connect the fuse tap so that the wire side is connecting to the Power port, not the battery. Take your time and test the orientation.

insert the same size fuse in the holder, connect the wires, and finally secure the terminal connector to one of the many power lugs in the fuse box.

Very simple setup. Cooltech makes a kit for this, and it is where I got my idea from. I had all the parts, so I just made my own.

Last edited:
It has already started and only been 3 days into the ordering process.

Attachments

• IMG_0165.jpeg
    IMG_0165.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 26
It has already started and only been 3 days into the ordering process.
My DW was pretty sure I was building the jeep in parts with all the stuff that kept arriving before the jeep even shipped.

Update: Order 13 Jan - Got Vin on 14 Jan - 20 Jan D1 Status with an Estimated Ship Date of 24 Jan. Dealer estimates at the dealership the first week of February.

Update: My Jeeps birthday is today but shipping for the factory is between the 6th and 20th of Feb so still waiting.

Here is an updated picture of the installs, note that the light still has the protective blue film on
Tow bar brackets are for my BlueOx tow bar

Attachments

• 38774107-7BED-4991-A2AA-4D4FDF798E79.jpeg
    38774107-7BED-4991-A2AA-4D4FDF798E79.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 32

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back