Chassis
Prevost
Engine
Volvo D13
TOW/TOAD
2023 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Fulltimer
No
I was talking to a friend who is a Newmar owner and he is thinking about ordering a new coach. He says that the current policy at Newmar is the price of the coach can change upwards (passed to dealer) between the sign off of the order and the build as Newmar reserves the right to charge for their increased manufacturing costs that are incurred during the wait period. I thought once you signed the order the price is locked unless the buyer makes a change to the order.

Th
I thought once you signed the order the price is locked unless the buyer makes a change to the order.
Due to the shortages and price increases for materials, I believe the dealers were taking a hit as they were still honoring the agreements entered into with purchasers. This past summer some dealers, I don't know if all, announced that they are no longer offering price protection.

as @ARD says, some dealers are passing it along. Expect to get either a 29.99% discount and passed on expenses for price increases, or a less discount and price lock guarantee.

as @ARD says, some dealers are passing it along. Expect to get either a 29.99% discount and passed on expenses for price increases, or a less discount and price lock guarantee.
I am hoping for both .....

FLSteve :unsure:

As of 9/23/2022: On the (unsigned) purchase order with options provided when I first asked about the coach. On the bottom; this was written:
3441CFA5-4058-40F7-84ED-E5FBEDADBF53.jpeg

Neither the signed sales agreement or the signed production order had anything like that.
I expect Newmar and the dealer to follow the contracts as for any business transaction.
Of course, if their supply chain and worker availability is fixed, there should not be any attempted add ons.
Guess time will tell.
Regards

Latest resources

Back