Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
I was planning to do some fishing at one of the campgrounds I'll be at soon in Oregon. I checked online to see about getting a fishing license. The prices for such seem outrageous, am I missing something?

Nope, non-resident licenses for most states is ridiculous. I vote for a national senior license good in all states. I think my Alaska license was about $250, Montana about $85.

I was planning to do some fishing at one of the campgrounds I'll be at soon in Oregon. I checked online to see about getting a fishing license. The prices for such seem outrageous, am I missing something?

Give Casey’s a call. Maybe they can help you out.

Oregon has no sales tax so the state takes money from anyone and anywhere it can find it.

You think a non-resident fishing license is high?

Stick around and pay property and state income tax.

Give Casey’s a call. Maybe they can help you out.
I plan to. Some places like VA also offer a 4 day license. I'll see what they say when I arrive. If the weather isn't going to be good it's moot so I'll just have to see on arrival.

Oregon is higher than most states. AZ, UT, and CO are much more reasonable for visitors.
I was looking at a 7 day non-resident tag for $93.50 and gasped. May as well buy an annual for $110. Or plan my trips around their free fishing days.

I have been spoiled. My CA license is free. The state has deemed me 'disabled' and eligible for the free license. I am not arguing with them.

Latest resources

Back