Grand Design
RV Model
Solitude 378MBS
RV Length
42'
Fulltimer
Yes
Hi Everyone.

Lord willing, my family of 4 will begin our full-time living in our 2021 Grand Design Solitude 378MBS in a few months. We plan to tour around our beautiful country 8 to 10 months out of the year then park (with a full hookup) on my sister's land in Idaho. I look forward to feedback and advice via these forums.

Here's some info about us:
Me, my wife, and two kids. Wife and two kids are emigrating here from the Philippines (I've been here since 1981) and have been living in less than 300 sq. ft. poor-condition place. So, they are use to small spaces already. They are also very petite ladies. The 5th wheel will already be a upgrade for them.

I've lived in a 2,500 sq. ft. house most of my life but grew up in the Philippines and go there often. So, I'm use to doing with less and actually prefer it.

I do my entire business from home (laptop and a second screen is all I need) during normal work hours. The kids would be doing online college for the first couple years. My wife creates crafts to sell online.

I thought that the best way to immerse them into the United States is to actually see the states and meet the peopl rather than being stuck in one state.

Eventually, we will likely get a small dog to travel with us.

The plan:
Each trip would be 9 to 10 months long staying at different places for at least two weeks at a time. We would then tour the surrounding areas to experience the "local vibes" and scenery. We would return to my sister's property in Idaho which will have a full hookup for us in a RV driveway built just for us. It will be a few yards away from a second house on her property built for visitors which we could use when it's not occupied.

The RV and vehicle:
We purchased a 2021 Grand Design Solitude 378MBS (two bed rooms) pulled by a 2019 Ford F350 Diesel Dually.

As a project to keep the kids busy and learning, we plan plan to post videos online of their experience as they tour this beautiful country of ours.

See you on the road!

Welcome and safe travels for the journey ahead. We look forward to pictures of your RV journey as you care to share. Great to have you with us.

Hi Everyone.

Lord willing, my family of 4 will begin our full-time living in our 2021 Grand Design Solitude 378MBS in a few months. We plan to tour around our beautiful country 8 to 10 months out of the year then park (with a full hookup) on my sister's land in Idaho. I look forward to feedback and advice via these forums.

Me, my wife, and two kids. Wife and two kids are emigrating here from the Philippines (I've been here since 1981) and have been living in less than 300 sq. ft. poor-condition place. So, they are use to small spaces already. They are also very petite ladies. The 5th wheel will already be a upgrade for them.

I've lived in a 2,500 sq. ft. house most of my life but grew up in the Philippines and go there often. So, I'm use to doing with less and actually prefer it.

I do my entire business from home (laptop and a second screen is all I need) during normal work hours. The kids would be doing online college for the first couple years. My wife creates crafts to sell online.

I thought that the best way to immerse them into the United States is to actually see the states and meet the peopl rather than being stuck in one state.

The plan:
Each trip would be 9 to 10 months long staying at different places for at least two weeks at a time. We would then tour the surrounding areas to experience the "local vibes" and scenery. We would return to my sister's property in Idaho which will have a full hookup for us in a RV driveway built just for us. It will be a few yards away from a second house on her property built for visitors which we could use when it's not occupied.

The RV and vehicle:
We purchased a 2021 Grand Design Solitude 378MBS (two bed rooms) pulled by a 2019 Ford F350 Diesel Dually.

As a project to keep the kids busy and learning, we plan plan to post videos online of their experience as they tour this beautiful country of ours.

See you on the road!
Welcome to RVforum and best of Luck in your journeys. We are from Ely, Iowa

Hi Everyone.

The plan:

The RV and vehicle:

See you on the road!
Sounds wonderful! Great experience for the family.

Latest resources

Back