Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

sjharr

RVF Newbee
I have an outside kitchen with a stove top range and a sink on my 2017 Jayflight 24RBS that won’t light. I connected the easy on male part from the range into the female part of the gas line underneath the pull out kitchen and turned the little lever on the gas line so it was inline with the gas line and hose from the range and attempted to light the burners. Nothing happens. Am I missing something?
I appreciate your help!
Steve RH

It may take some time to bleed thru. Open all the burners. Is it a piezo igniter or do you light it with a butane lighter or match?

It’s got a piezo igniter.
Thanks for the tip. The stove has never been used so your thought makes sense. How long should the bleeding process take?

First be sure you have a spark when you push the ignitor. Or try to use a long neck grill lighter. I have used my camper but last weekend it took at least a minute for gas to come thru to the inside stove. Then a little longer to my Fridge and even longer to the hot water heater. They had been previously used and then just shut off at the bottle. Not sure why they had to bleed. Will observe it this weekend as I am going out again.
Sometimes if you hold a flame on the burner it will push the flame as the air comes out ahead of the propane. Lets you know something is happening.

First be sure you have a spark when you push the ignitor. Or try to use a long neck grill lighter. I have used my camper but last weekend it took at least a minute for gas to come thru to the inside stove. Then a little longer to my Fridge and even longer to the hot water heater. They had been previously used and then just shut off at the bottle. Not sure why they had to bleed. Will observe it this weekend as I am going out again.
Sometimes if you hold a flame on the burner it will push the flame as the air comes out ahead of the propane. Lets you know something is happening.
Thanks!!

Latest resources

Back