• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

jude2136

RVF Regular
Hi,

Recently the outside plug and the plug in our bathroom sink area stopped working. We own a 2007 Carriage Cameo 5th wheel. We have blown a couple circuits in the past, but everything else has come back and is working fine. I am reaching out to see if there is something or some switch we missed to correct this before bringing it to be fixed. I have reset the GFCI outlets and they are working fine. This is not a life or death situation, but it is an aggravating issue that we would life to figure out. Any suggestions are appreciated.
Thank you.

Did you check the breakers?

Hi,

Recently the outside plug and the plug in our bathroom sink area stopped working. We own a 2007 Carriage Cameo 5th wheel. We have blown a couple circuits in the past, but everything else has come back and is working fine. I am reaching out to see if there is something or some switch we missed to correct this before bringing it to be fixed. I have reset the GFCI outlets and they are working fine. This is not a life or death situation, but it is an aggravating issue that we would life to figure out. Any suggestions are appreciated.
Thank you.
I’m guessing that while you think you “reset the GFCI outlets,” you missed one. RVs are notorious for hidden GFCIs. Look in storage compartments, cabinets, etc for another GFCI.

Your description of “outside plug and the plug in the bathroom sink area” being affected are classic symptoms of a tripped GFCI. Both areas would require GFCI protection.

You might also try resetting the GFCIs you have already reset in case one of them didn’t actually reset.

TJ

I’m guessing that while you think you “reset the GFCI outlets,” you missed one. RVs are notorious for hidden GFCIs. Look in storage compartments, cabinets, etc for another GFCI.

Your description of “outside plug and the plug in the bathroom sink area” being affected are classic symptoms of a tripped GFCI. Both areas would require GFCI protection.

You might also try resetting the GFCIs you have already reset in case one of them didn’t actually reset.

TJ
Thank you. I will keep looking for the GFCI that I have missed.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back