Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Resolved Parking lights suddenly on while stored. Can't turn off, why?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

donwrdds

RVF Regular
RV Year
RV Make
Tiffin
RV Model
Allegro Bus
RV Length
40 ft
Chassis
Powerglide
Engine
450 ISL
TOW/TOAD
2012 Cadillac SRX
Fulltimer
No
2015 Allegro Bus, 40ft. Plugged in. Front parking lights only turn off when coach battery switch is turned off. Rear lights are not on. Top marker lights, front only, are also on

Can you check chassis battery voltage? Perhaps the power distribution module (pdm) is acting up. A lot of that going on with newer coaches and similar weird lighting symptoms but I havnt heard of it happening on older coaches. My 2020 freightliner pdm was just replaced under recall.

Thanks, good idea. Checked and voltage was high, at 13.47vlts. Turned both red switches to coach and chassis batteries. I've just last week replaced all 8 batteries, 2 starters and 6 6vlt coach at Interstate Batteries.

That would actually be a good voltage for it under charge conditions. I would try to do a full system reset, both chassis switch and salesman switch off, no external power connected. Give it a couple minutes, then power all batteries only back up and see what you get.

Did that. Turned batteries back on, starters first. No 120vlt plug in. Didn't do it. Parking lights back on. Humm...

I would look at the PDM then, it is the computer that controls the power going out of the chassis batteries and to the various systems on the coach. Unfortunately they are also not cheap. The only other thing I can think of is a weird ground issue that is causing those lights to think they are activated. Maybe a bad switch on the parking lights?? Im fishing now......

Thanks again. I'm calling tech service at Tiffin this morning

Finally, I fixed it-that is the parking lights and marker lights staying on. I spoke with the electrical technician at Tiffin. He told me to check some modules and relays, and then he said it might be related to the keyless entry. So, I started locking and unlocking the entry door and side bay doors. And suddenly the lights went out!! Something stuck in the switching and that fixed it. Thanks for the responses.

Glad to hear they took care of you!

Thanks for your help. I was pulling my hair out! And I don't have much. Ha

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back