Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Retiringsoon

RVF Newbee
We are looking at buying a 25 ft class C and don’t want to tow a car. Does anyone drive and park their rv around small towns or large cities?

It can be done, but isn't always very convenient. We had a 24' MB Sprinter chassis Class C a few years back. It was easy to drive and maneuver, even on city streets. Parking was another matter, however. On-street parking was extremely limited because a 24' Class C takes up two parking spaces and is a fair bit wider than a car. We usually tried to find a parking lot where we could park the coach on the perimeter.

As I said, it can be done but you will need to be aware of where to find larger-than-normal parking spaces.

Oh, and a belated welcome to RVF. We are glad to have you join us.

TJ

Welcome to RVForums @Retiringsoon. I don’t think you’d have any problems. I saw this a lot out west with people going to the parks, etc.

25ft as almost the same size as the pickup truck I drive around town, and probably has a better turning radius. You are not going to find up front parking, and you will have to be careful of drive thru windows...very careful in fact :)

Seriously, you can do it, and many do. If you find yourself traveling a lot, you will want to get a toad. The hassle of packing up everything in side and out side, disconnecting service and driving around town, just to get a burger will grow old very quickly.

Seriously, you can do it, and many do. If you find yourself traveling a lot, you will want to get a toad. The hassle of packing up everything in side and out side, disconnecting service and driving around town, just to get a burger will grow old very quickly.
Completely agree. We started with a 26’ MB Sprinter...yes, we could find a place to park easily enough. However, we found it totally impractical to run errands because of having to disassemble the campsite and then re-assemble upon our return. We sold the Sprinter in less than a year and bought our Class A with toad.

Latest resources

Back