• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question Pellet guns at campgrounds?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
I've had a pellet pistol my father gave me that I've carried around for probably two years now. CO2 pellet gun. Would be fun to plink cans but I'm honestly afraid of using anything that "looks like" a gun where you know the police will get called. Is a pellet gun a "firearm"? Would you be okay using one off in the woods on campground property? What's your opinion on pellet pistols and rifles on or off campgrounds?
As far as the USFS is concerned they are illegal. It is not the firearm it is the projectile.

More on that. A couple of years ago I got a slingshot to send cord over a limb to hang my trash. The host told me I couldn't use it because it shot a projectile. I looked it up in disbelief but sure enough that was the law. However I did look up the definition for projectile and decided to use it anyhow. Seems it is not a projectile when attached to a cord.

When I went to Yellow Stone I had a long talk with Ranger about open-carry of a firearm in the park. Interestingly enough he said it right for Americans to carry a weapon even in the park. BUT there was a heavy fine and possible jail time for discharging a firearm in the park. I carried bear spray while fly fishing as the first line of defense but my second line of defense was 45 long colt.

Latest resources

Back