Chassis
Prevost
Engine
Volvo D13
TOW/TOAD
2023 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Fulltimer
No
I went to mount my router on the back wall and it is hot. Not unbearably hot but it made me pause. Why?

That's what electronics do, normal, Don't worry about it.

I used this stuff to mount mine to the wall in the half bath cabinet. Works great so I can pop it off such as to change SIM's, etc.

Amazon product ASIN B007OXK1WI

I use the same thanks to you.

Great Gatsby Movie GIF by Sony

Modems work (and work produced heat), depending on connection efforts. I've temp-gunned some routers that peak 140º in the upper cabinets.

For this reason, most of us will keep those cabinets open while in the sun or even storage. Despite the Newell overhead being fan-cooled, it still gets pretty warm up there. CradlePoint's have heat-sinks all across their bodies, whereas your PepWave probably doesn't. But...if you temp'd it, I'll be it's not as hot as you may think.

They do run hot. You could add a heatsink to the case (Amazon) but Peplink considers the temp to be normal. These things are designed to run in unpleasant environments.

I think the issue is they don't use fans but instead other methods of heat dissipation. Pepwaves are designed for fleet vehicles so our use is not uncommon for the device.

Latest resources

Back