Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
I was just about to post this myself-but this is why Neal gets the big bucks (and needs the latest iphone).
Could be a helpful resource for many looking to upgrade their services in the MH.

I'm going to attend this. maybe I'll learn something?

john c. mcginley laughing GIF

Interesting webinar, here's a few key takeaways for RV'rs with interest:
- New UBR product, $499 with dual Cat4 modems, WIFI and 4xLAN/1xWAN ports. UBR - Unbreakable Connectivity Right Out of the Box
pretty impressive capabilities at that price point! There may be another version called UBR GO, but it wasn't made clear.
- Maxtransit Mini product, $399, single CAT4 modem, WIFI and 2x LAN/1xWAN
- Maxtransit Duo and MBX higher end solutions also reviewed, along with their new Peplink branded 4x4 MIMO antenna with 4xLTE connections (no wifi), and 2x2 MIMO version Wifi only, no LTE. They suggest that users would put both on the roof of their RV.
- Setup for Speedfusion Cloud (billable add on! about $40/TB), and how to use it with various outbound policies. This is their proprietary VPN solution that also offers bonding for all outbound connections for increased reliability and performance.
- Also discussed how Speedfusion Cloud provides secure WIFI as WAN as it's fully encrypted for WFH-even on public networks
- Plugged "Changing Lanes" as a helpful Youtube resource to RV'rs, similar to Mobile Must Have or Mobile Internet Resource. Changing Lanes

I watched it as well, hopefully they'll share the recording for anyone to watch on demand. Good presentation and as I have a MAX Transit CAT 18 on the way I'm excited to see how the new tech works out after using a MAX BR1 for two years with various antennas.

I watched it as well, hopefully they'll share the recording for anyone to watch on demand. Good presentation and as I have a MAX Transit CAT 18 on the way I'm excited to see how the new tech works out after using a MAX BR1 for two years with various antennas.
Neal,
I also watched the webinar. As I understand it, a recording will be made available on the forum, possibly by Friday.
I've had the Peplink MAX transit CAT 18 installed in my RV since the end of May. I'm a full timer and do some work out of my RV. I've been very pleased with it. So much to learn about cellular signals, WiFi as WAN, SpeedFusion & the list goes on.
We rode out hurricane Isaisis near Holden Beach, in the RV park. Not the best decision in the world, but, no damage. About 11:00 PM the RV park lost power, along with their WiFi.
I started up the generator to provide 120 VAC to the coach. I was able to stream, via cellular, to the TV over both the AT&T & Verizon networks (tried both). Having used DISH network in my house & RV for years, I can tell you there would have been no signal in that storm.
That so impressed my son (lives in Southport) he purchased one as a failover for his home network.
Have also purchased the Poynting 7-1 roof mounted antenna. Have yet to install that, but, the paddled antennas seem to do an acceptable job.
For those who might be interested, I grabbed a screen shot of the Verizon certified devices.

1603912254521.png

I missed the webinar! I was tied up with phone calls and customers today. If anyone finds a link to a recording of the webinar I sure would appreciate you posting it here so I could watch it.

Thanks!

Neal, you are the man. Thanks!
Thank U GIF by Barnaby

Latest resources

Back