Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
About twice a year I spray my motorhome just like I do my house. I use Ortho Home Defense and spray the basements primarily the door gaskets, the entry way, and the perimeter of the interior. I also soak the gaskets for the fresh water line and electric cord reel line as they are likely paths for anything crawling up the lines while connected.

What do you do for pest prevention and how often?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N7KSXHX/?tag=rvf01-20

ortho.png

That’s a good suggestion and likely will do a spray. I focus more on campsites and keeping ants and rodents out. I have a can of bar keepers friend to keep ants etc out of the coach. It’s amazing. But it’s cleaning powder and probably not best for the outside environment @TJ&LadyDi what’s the earth/dirt stuff you use to keep ants and bugs out?

That’s a good suggestion and likely will do a spray. I focus more on campsites and keeping ants and rodents out. I have a can of bar keepers friend to keep ants etc out of the coach. It’s amazing. But it’s cleaning powder and probably not best for the outside environment @TJ&LadyDi what’s the earth/dirt stuff you use to keep ants and bugs out?
That's "diatomaceous earth," @sheridany. It is environmentally friendly and works great. You can find it in the garden department at Lowes, Home Depot, hardware stores, etc.

For rodents, I wrap the electrical cord and water hose with extra coarse stainless steel wool and secure it in place with a ball-and-loop elastic cord.

TJ

Last edited:
Fresh cab and peppermint essential oi everywhere. Perforated plastic bottle of mothballs in the engine compartment, along with peppermint oil. Electronic gizmos inside. Start engine at least once a week when camping, if there are a lot of rodents around. It is a fierce battle.

I am skipping one of my favorite campgrounds this year, because twice during my last stay, I caught a chipmunk in the engine compartment.

I found when I was in the northeast starting my engine and generator was nothing more than warming up there home? I decided I was better off not exercising things after I had to drop the generator to do wiring repairs, twice. Tried every kind of electronic device, chemical, dyer sheets, room deodorizer, traps and could never keep the mice at bay.

With full timing I haven’t had much of a problem but I do spray around coach when sitting in areas for ants.

Found some mud Daubers created a nest under my FWS. Suggestions? They’re not really aggressive and they eat spiders and flies, so I’d rather not kill em but they choose a poor place to nest. Hoping to relocate them rather than squash em.

6CD167F5-A0A6-4DBA-B674-83AC59B9F2E6.jpeg

About twice a year I spray my motorhome just like I do my house. I use Ortho Home Defense and spray the basements primarily the door gaskets, the entry way, and the perimeter of the interior. I also soak the gaskets for the fresh water line and electric cord reel line as they are likely paths for anything crawling up the lines while connected.

What do you do for pest prevention and how often?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N7KSXHX/?tag=rvf01-20

View attachment 1774
Any concerns about using this with the pup around?

Any concerns about using this with the pup around?

She is not around when spraying and I wait for it to be dry before she returns. Same in the S&B and coach. She's never noticed it or shown an interest in the areas sprayed.

essential oils work great. We use primarily pepermint oil and lemon grass.

Cintrenella works for mosquitos
Spearmint works for ants

Add a few drops of these to a large water spary bottle and use as is.

Latest resources

Back